Creative Daily Exercises
I know, I know, I can hear some of you saying that you do not draw and even have challenges matching your clothes at times. 🙂
Listen, being creative doesn't mean you have to be an artist.
We all have an artist inside of us. We all use our right brain... our creative intelligence to function daily. You may be asking what is right-brained mean? People who claim to be right-brain thinkers, feel that their talents are more on the creative side of things and there thinking is said to be more intuitive, thoughtful, and subjective. While, others may identify themselves as left-brain thinkers, they feel that they have stronger math and logic skills, and are more logical, analytical, and objective thinkers. Many people have been taught and believe that there are "right-brained" and "left-brained" thinkers. You'll be surprise to hear this is just one of the many myths about the brain. Everyone is both right and left brained.
So now that you have learned we are all right brained and left brained, you might be asking why you tend to lean to one side more then the other. You probably just had more opportunities and interest in using one side verse they other. You've come to the right place,
I am going to teach you how to be more balance...more whole brained. One of the best ways to do this is by doing creative exercises.
The brain is a muscle and when you exercise a muscle what happens? That is right, it gets stronger. What I am going to do is help you exercise your right brain to strengthen it. What happens when you exercise one area of your body...do other areas of your body also see benefits? Yes they can. By exercising your right brain you see the amazing results in all areas of your life...from problem solving to even feeling and noticing a difference in your attitude. By doing so you will become more right and left brained balanced...more whole brained.
Let me give you a little exercise to start with...just to give you an example of what a right brain exercise looks like, and also see that you don't have to be a modern day Picasso to do this.
- Pull out a piece of paper and draw a large circle in the middle of it.
- Now I want you do to a HeartSHIFT...if you don't know what that is yet click here to find out. If you do know...take 3 minutes
- Put your hand on your heart, breath deeply in 5 secs and out for 5 secs a couple of times.
- Clear you mind and focus on the feelings you are having right now...or that you have been having today.
- What is that feeling...is it frustration? Anger? happiness? Gratitude? Now what colors come to mind? Do you see shapes, objects, patterns or just a wall of color? What is it?
- Pull out that paper with the circle and come colored pencils or paint. Now I want you to put on paper what you saw when you were in your HeartSHIFT meditation. You can scribble one color or many colors all over the page. You can stay in the lines of the circle or go outside of it. It really is guided by the feelings, thoughts you had during your SHIFT.
What you have just created is called an mandala.
A mandala is an amazing creative exercise for the right brain... it is also very therapeutic and symbolic.
Remember it’s not about the final product, how good it looks, it’s about letting go and releasing. It's about the creative journey... something meaningful and personal.
It's about CREATING!
Through videos on my CreativeSHIFT Channel, social media posts, Blog and V-log entries you will learn more of this processes and exercises. For a more in-depth journey join me for One on One coaching or through my 90 Day Challenge Program.
You will also see me sharing different ways I love to create...from sharing creative exercises I do with my own mandala's and other exercises, to behind the scene FB lives of fashion shoots I shoot, sharing step by step process in how I create my SHIFT posters I create to even doing my hair and make-up.
Lets work together and create your personal SHIFT...
I would love to help you SHIFT...create and live the life and business you love. There are several ways we can work together click here to find out how.